BlueMind 3.0 is available !
After eight months of intense development and tests, BlueMind 3.0 is available.
This new release improves the collaborative features with the new instant messaging and enhances user experience with its new search engine, tags support, Mac application Calendar synchronization (CalDAV protocol), better Windows support and many other features.
1. New Features
1.1 Instant Messaging
- Standard XMPP protocol
- Integrated web client
- Multiple individual or group chats
1.2 Full text search in webmail
- Multi-directories and multi-mailboxes search
- Multi-criteria search
- Instant results
- Archived mails and attachments are also indexed
- In order to keep the global architecture consistency, calendar and contact search has been moved to elasticsearch too.
1.4 CalDAV Support and Mac Calendar Synchronization
1.5 SSO AD Kerberos
2. Global Improvements
2.1 New Languages: German, Italian and Chinese
BlueMind 3.0 is now available in :
All languages except French and English are from contributions. Congratulations and many thanks to all of our contributors!
An online tool is available and allows everyone to become a translation contributor, with observing translation rules.
2.2 Automatic Update of Outlook Connector
2.3 Mail Filters Management Improvements
2.4 Multiple Calendars Management on iPhone
- Feature supported by iPhone
- A first support (not completely operational) is offered by Android KitKat 4.4
2.5 IMAP Proxy
A new component, the IMAP proxy, is added to the BlueMind architecture. It allows you to:
- Optimize some IMAP commands and unload back-end servers
- Transform some actions for external processing.
3. Technical Notes
3.1 BlueMind 3.0 Documentation
Read the complete BlueMind documentation : usage, installation, administration of BlueMind 3.0: https://forge.blue-mind.net/confluence/
3.2 Update from 2.0 Version
Be aware that update needs a BlueMind subscription
- Always do a backup before updating
- Indexing : In order to make the new search engine available after the update, data have to be re-indexed. This may take a while depending on their volume. The old IMAP search is still active as long as a mailbox has not been indexed.
On RedHat, 2 operations are necessary : the execution of a command before the upgrade and a manipulation after for certificates.
For our partners, more information can be found here : https://forge.blue-mind.net/conflue…