Operate all of BlueMind through its Web console!
The BlueMind architecture is designed according to the best software engineering practices. It is based on the leading open source messaging components and combines robustness, flexibility and scalability.
An easy and effective way to administer BlueMind
The administration UI allows you to create and manage directory objects:
- Users and groups
- Shared mailboxes
- Your organization’s calendars and address books
Configuration and deployment
Design your own email infrastructure
You can operate your infrastructure from your web UI. The BlueMind architecture allows you to run all services on a single server, but you can also split it over several servers if needed.
In just a few clicks, you can add a storage backend to migrate mailboxes to using the graphical interface. The UI allows you to add a server and assign it a role, such as:
- Email storage backend
- Mobile devices synchronization server
- Indexation server
This flexibility makes it easier to adapt your infrastructure as your needs change over time.
For increased security and simplicity, BlueMind incorporates advanced certificate management which allows you to encrypt server exchanges. This is installed through the admin console, making the process transparent for your entire BlueMind infrastructure.
To protect your servers, BlueMind incorporates a firewall which is configured automatically to let through the necessary flows between authorized hosts exclusively.
With BlueMind, you can interconnect natively to LDAP or ActiveDirectory directories.
Users and group management remains unchanged across your tools.
- User management
- Group management
- Multi LDAP directory compatible
- Global AD catalog compatible
- AD forest management.
SSO: CAS and Active Directory
With BlueMind, you can enjoy all the benefits of an SSO authentication interconnection. Specifically, it supports:
- CAS (Central Authentification Service)
- ActiveDirectory Kerberos.
Once you are logged into your workstation, there is no need for you to re-enter your password to connect to BlueMind, including, obviously, Web UIs.
BlueMind’s backup system is included. It can be administered straight from the Web admin console. With it you:
- Save time: thanks to incremental backups, only differences in data are transferred.
- Enjoy advanced features: such as data historization.
- Save space: data is historized, not duplicated; each backup is self-contained (snapshot-type).
- Get optimized data: data is deduplicated automatically.
Hierarchical storage allows you to choose specific storage spaces, usually to get more storage at a lower cost. BlueMind incorporates hierarchical storage-based archiving, with the following features:
- Archiving rules (messages older than “n” days, etc.) by domain, refined by groups or users
- Users can transparently access archives via BlueMind’s webmail and thick clients (Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.).