BlueMind 3.0 is available !
After eight months of intense development and tests, BlueMind 3.0 is available.
This new release improves the collaborative features with the new instant messaging and enhances user experience with its new search engine, tags support, Mac application Calendar synchronization (CalDAV protocol), better Windows support and many other features.
1. New Features
1.1 Instant Messaging
- Standard XMPP protocol
- Integrated web client
- Multiple individual or group chats
1.2 Full text search in webmail
- Multi-directories and multi-mailboxes search
- Multi-criteria search
- Instant results
- Archived mails and attachments are also indexed
- In order to keep the global architecture consistency, calendar and contact search has been moved to elasticsearch too.
1.4 CalDAV Support and Mac Calendar Synchronization
1.5 SSO AD Kerberos
2. Global Improvements
2.1 New Languages: German, Italian and Chinese
BlueMind 3.0 is now available in :
All languages except French and English are from contributions. Congratulations and many thanks to all of our contributors!
An online tool is available and allows everyone to become a translation contributor, with observing translation rules.
2.2 Automatic Update of Outlook Connector
2.3 Mail Filters Management Improvements
2.4 Multiple Calendars Management on iPhone
- Feature supported by iPhone
- A first support (not completely operational) is offered by Android KitKat 4.4
2.5 IMAP Proxy
A new component, the IMAP proxy, is added to the BlueMind architecture. It allows you to:
- Optimize some IMAP commands and unload back-end servers
- Transform some actions for external processing.
3. Technical Notes
3.1 BlueMind 3.0 Documentation
Read the complete BlueMind documentation : usage, installation, administration of BlueMind 3.0: https://forge.blue-mind.net/confluence/
3.2 Update from 2.0 Version
Be aware that update needs a BlueMind subscription
- Always do a backup before updating
- Indexing : In order to make the new search engine available after the update, data have to be re-indexed. This may take a while depending on their volume. The old IMAP search is still active as long as a mailbox has not been indexed.
On RedHat, 2 operations are necessary : the execution of a command before the upgrade and a manipulation after for certificates.
For our partners, more information can be found here : https://forge.blue-mind.net/conflue…
Exa Networks, Internet Service Provider has chosen BlueMind for its internal collaborative services
Exa Networks, Internet Service Provider specialising in business and education, has chosen BlueMind for its internal collaborative services. The ease of deployment and integration of the solution, the quality of the calendaring service and the native LDAP directory interface were key elements in the decision to pick Blue Mind.
“We were looking for a robust collaborative solution and, among the tools we evaluated, we found that BlueMind attracted us both with its modern design and architecture, and the ease with which it allows us to integrate into our SI.”, Thomas Mangin, Technical Director, Exa Networks
“Exa Networks’s choice delights us. It validates our model and the ease of implementation and self administration of the solution, which is the result of an ongoing commitment to industrialize the solution, and represents a new milestone reached at internationally, “Pierre Baudracco, BlueMind’s CEO.
BlueMind wins the 2012’s OWF Innovation Awards
Blue Mind : most innovative Open Source project of the year !
The OWF Demo Cup has been recognized as an important showcase and deal-making forum in Europe and worldwide. It is the launchpad for innovative Open Source technologies, products and services. These Open Innovation Awards reward a unique ability to deliver a great product and position it in the market, to show off its most compelling features, to differentiate it from other products
Some points that put Blue Mind ahead :
- Light, lean, comprehensive and blazing fast UI.
- Technology innovation that allows off-line mode directly in a standard web browser and so reduces the need of local programs.
- Openness and extensibity Blue Mind provides a SDK to allow easy usage of its full featured web services API, server plugins, and its Message oriented middleware.
Pierre Baudracco, BlueMind’s CEO said : “Winning this OWF innovation awards 2012 price at the first Open Source related event in Europe is a great reward for the whole Blue Mind team from the Open Source ecosystem. In this serious and impressive event, the choice by the heterogeneous jury with investors,
entrepreneurs, managers and experts validates all our effort and our result to bring Blue Mind, a new, modern and truly innovative collaborative messaging solution to the market.”